Bonfire Recruitment is retained in the recruitment of a permanent OEM Engineering Manager for its international heavy engineering client in the heart of Derbyshire, UK that is experiencing a period of sustained growth.
Due to an increase in orders and significant new product developments we have a unique opportunity for a qualified and experienced hands on manufacturing engineering manager to lead, direct and manage a newly created OEM business unit consisting of cutting edge technology for a heavy industrial sector.
As manufacturing engineering manager you will be empowered to be the focal point and technical expert across all areas of your business inclusive of R&D, design, projects and commissioning teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pro-actively managing the day to day activities of your engineering team including R&D, electrical, mechanical, software and commissioning areas
- Pro-actively create, develop and implement effective departmental procedures and processes to optimise the day to day function
- Pro-actively lead the management of resources across the UK and Globe in respect of your business unit
- Plan, manage and forecast resources to enable business unit to meet expectations from R&D and additional internal departments
- Develop systems and procedures to optimise the departments day to day function
- Provide leadership for the organisations international engineering network and provide health and safety leadership, mentoring, training and control.
- Proactively develop new engineering and design improvement strategies
- Deliver system design to the business on time every time and plan engineering functions including resources to meet realistic delivery requirements
- Create and manage the day to day schedule of your engineering team ensure all activities are completed on time and to the required quality
- Continuously improve and implement improved standards and procedures
- Become the technical authority and customer facing for customer technical queries
- Proactively monitor product development that includes reliable repeat production of products (<£1m )
- Provide engineering services to internal departments
- Degree qualified / Time served Engineer
- At least 10 years demonstrable working experience of being a senior engineer in an industrial environment, ideally within a Manufacturing of OEM plant dealing with projects £500k- £1m
- Be a pro-active, hands on, natural leader with team building and planning skills
- Be comfortable in resolving technical problems by using the fundamentals of design process
- Have significant interpersonal, communication, influencing and organisational skills
- Chartered Engineer (preferred)
This is an exceptional role for a business that empowers their employees to succeed and rewards them both financially and with personal development.
Should you have a similar background and interested in learning more please apply in the first instance via the weblink ensuring to attach a copy of your most recent CV in the first instance.
Helping Engineering Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.