Engineering Project Management Opportunity
Bonfire Recruitment is retained with a major capital plant manufacturer in the recruitment of a permanent quality focused Project Manager for an outward facing project management opportunity to manage multiple high value bespoke engineering projects across the world from modern offices in Derbyshire, UK
We have an opportunity for a driven Project Manager who has demonstrable working experience within heavy industry such as Oil & Gas, Process, Chemical, Utilities, Mining, Aggregates, Minerals, Water or similar.
The purpose of this exceptional role is to project manage your discipline specific, organised and highly capable project engineering teams to ensure bespoke high value packages (£10m-£20m) are completed on time, to specification and within budget consistently.
Due to the growth pattern of this significant engineering organisation you will become the focal point for project managing multiple high value projects simultaneously with project life-cycles of up to 5 years with the opportunity to be developed into the programme manager.
You will be commercially astute and have strong contract negotiation skills, have dealt with financial disputes and breach of contract and have demonstrable experience of bringing all to a successful resolution.
The preferred candidate will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Qualified PMP, APM , PMI , IPMA , PMQ certification required
- Experience of leading commercial engineering projects of > 10m value within an industrial environment such as Oil & Gas , Chemical , Process , Utilities (NOT Civil or Built )
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Management is preferred; or equivalent combination of time served engineer with appropriate project management experience.
- Have at least 5 years demonstrable project engineering experience working with highly complex projects
- Have at least 5 years demonstrable project management experience in an engineering environment
- Have project managed projects with values in excess of £8m+
- Experience handling customers and internal stakeholders professionally throughout the project life-cycle
- Experience with engineering layout operations and compliance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This desirable opportunity offers an excellent permanent rewards package inclusive of personal development and long-term stability.
Should you have this experience and keen to learn more please apply via the weblink attaching a copy of your most recent CV
Helping Engineering Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.