Bonfire Engineering have a 6 Months contracting opportunity for an Electrical / Software engineer to design and write PLC programmes for its growing OEM organisation at its UK hub in Derbyshire, UK.
The purpose of this unique and hands on role is to support project delivery and be responsible for all pre-commissioning and commissioning from software development phase to handover on site and ongoing support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and produce completed PLC software for state of the art engineering equipment
- Create standardised code ,Tag lists , Eplan exports and visualisation databases
- Produce all associated documentation
- Create databases to facilitate production of a visualisation system
- Design, production and test of control software.
- Emulation testing / virtual commissioning of completed PLC software prior to commencing on site
- Produce required health and safety documentation including, but not limited to method statements and risk assessments
- Commission controls systems on site and provide support to system integration Manager for various testing activities
- To support IQ/OQ process both Internally and wit the customer where applicable
- To provide control system training for the end user
The preferred Candidate:
- Time Served or Degree qualified Controls /Electrical / Electronic / Software Engineer
- Demonstrable UK working experience to BS7671
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related relevant discipline
- Prior experience working in a similar role that includes controls design and commissioning
- Experience in Electrical / Instrumentation / Control / Integrated / Electronic Engineering,
- Demonstrable UK / European electrical and instrumentation engineering experience in a manufacturing environment or design office.
- Strong communication and project management skills with team player mentality.
Should you have this background and wish to learn more please apply via the weblink attaching a copy of your most recent CV to Scott Buchanan, email@example.com
Helping Engineering Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.