Bonfire Recruitment has a significant Business Development Management opportunity for its retained client, an established and growing Oil & Gas client in the UK.
Our client is a highly regarded tier 2 supplier into the oil and gas industry that has a unique multi-sector offering of integrated manufacturing solutions through their interconnected specialist divisions across the UK.
As part of an ongoing and exciting commercial development strategy to realise the groups growth ambitions a new post of Sales Manager has been created for its Oil and Gas division to focus on developing its upstream customer base around the North East of Scotland.
Reporting to the Board the purpose of the Business Development Manager is to direct and lead the increase in sales and turnover across multiple new accounts within the upstream Oil & Gas markets across the UK for the business.
- Identify and develop major accounts and grow new business opportunities with premier buyers and upstream oil and gas senior management teams
- Pro-actively drive forward sales and gross margin by managing all aspects of the customer relationship.
- Develop business plan and market growth plan for sector that is aligned to organisation strategy
- Identify and develop relationships to grow opportunities and new business with prospective and existing customers.
- Successfully negotiate contracts with customers utilising strong commercial acumen to maximise the success of the business.
To be considered for this role, we are looking to identify candidates who:
- Have a minimum of 5 years Business Development Management / Sales Management experience working for a Tier 2 or Tier 3 oil and gas organisation within the UK
- Have demonstrable experience of seeking major clients and forming working relationships with premier buyers in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Are a hands on dynamic sales leader with a credible reputation in your market place for building long term relationships
- Have experience of leading from the front in identifying new opportunities and opening new major accounts whilst ensuring customer service values are upheld.
- Can demonstrate effective commercial sales and new business development skills with a strong track record of managing relationships to board level.
- Have a proven track record of tendering and winning large contracts.
- Are comfortable working to all levels within business.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written skills.